Are you a fan of Pickleball? It’s surprising how popular this sport is, and the wide variety of people who love it! Get Away Today recently started offering Pickleball in Paradise vacation packages, and it’s the perfect combination of time on the court and time spent exploring a beautiful destination. Read on for where to play pickleball for your next vacation in paradise.
Where to Play Pickleball? In Paradise!
If you’re looking to add a vacation to your love of pickleball, we’ll answer the question of where to play pickleball with Pickleball in Paradise packages. I have the scoop from Get Away Today for the upcoming 2020 itineraries! Choose from San Diego, California, Jamaica or a Caribbean cruise combined with Pickleball.
Pickleball in Paradise – San Diego, California, January 2020
With ideal temperatures year-round, sunny San Diego makes the perfect vacation spot. Add in some professional Pickleball instruction, fun round-robin tournaments, a swag bag, and even an awards ceremony and you have the perfect getaway!
Book a Pickleball in Paradise San Diego vacation package that includes the following:
- January 9 – 12, 2020
- 3-Night stay at the Bahia Resort on Mission Bay
- Pickleball instruction from San Diego native and Pickleball professional Mike Shinzaki. Mike is a Team Pro sponsored by Gearbox Sports with experience instructing players of all skill levels.
- Access to 8 converted pickleball courts, reserved daily
- Round robin competitive play
- Pro clinics
- 7:1 player to instructor ratio in order to ensure you are getting personalized instruction.
- Swag bag including t-shirt, water bottle and more.
- Meet & greet
- Opportunities to schedule private and semi-private instruction with a pickleball pro (additional cost)
Activities in San Diego
San Diego offers so many different activities, from water play to historic tours. Consider some of the following options during your Pickleball in Paradise vacation.
- Speed Boat Adventure Tour (2 person minimum) $61 per person (purchase discount tickets from Get Away Today)
- San Diego Seal Tour $35 (purchase discount tickets from Get Away Today)
- Patriot Jet Boat Ride $29 (purchase discount tickets from Get Away Today)
- San Diego Bay 2 Hour Harbor Tour $27 (purchase discount tickets from Get Away Today)
- Old Town Trolley City Tour $33 (purchase discount tickets from Get Away Today)
- USS Midway Museum $22 (purchase discount tickets from Get Away Today)
The San Diego Pickleball in Paradise package starts at $582 per person. Airfare and meals not included. When you book, mention Traveling in Heels and use promo code HEELS10 for an additional $10 in savings on this Southern California vacation package.
If you like this, then you’ll love this: 3 Amazing Family-Friendly Things to do in San Diego
Pickleball in Paradise – Eastern Caribbean Cruise, February 2020
If a cruise is more your style, you can combine a visit to the Caribbean with plenty of Pickleball. This 7-Night cruise aboard Princess’ Regal Cruise Ship features an itinerary packed with beautiful scenery, onboard entertainment and excursions on the Caribbean shores with a local guide.
Pickleball pro Byron Freso was born and raised in the Caribbean and he’ll be onboard the Princess Cruise Ship for this Pickleball vacation package. In addition to expert Pickleball instruction from Freso, guests on this Eastern Caribbean Princess Cruise can enjoy the following and more:
- February 2 – 9, 2020
- Depart from Fort Lauderdale, Florida and explore ports including Princess Cays, Bahamas, St. Thomas, St. Maarten and the Leeward Islands.
- Access to reserved Pickleball courts daily
- Pro clinics
- Swag bag
- Awards night
This Pickleball in Paradise package starts at $1,200 per person and all port fees and taxes are included. Airfare and onshore excursions not included.
Ready to Cruise? Then you should read: Tips for Choosing the Best Cruises for Over 50
Pickleball in Paradise – Sandals South Coast, Jamaica, November 2020
Head to the all-inclusive Sandals South Coast Resort in Jamaica and enjoy a week-long vacation packed full of Pickleball, surf, and sand. This adults-only Resort is definitely a slice of paradise! When you book this Pickleball vacation package, here’s what you can expect:
- November 14 – 21, 2020
- The all-inclusive rate at Sandals South Coast for two adults (18 years or older)
- Pickleball Package (Reserved pickleball courts daily, t-shirt, water bottle, swag bag, opening reception, awards/prizes, Round Robin competitive play)
- Clinics with the Pickleball Pros
- All food and drinks
- Tips, Gratuities, & Taxes
- Transportation to/from the airport
- Free Wifi
Pricing for two in one beach-front deluxe room starts at $3,999. Also included at Sandals South Coast at no additional cost:
- PADI-Certified SCUBA diving (and all equipment)
- Snorkeling (and all equipment)
- Hobie Cats, paddle boards, kayaks
- Professional instruction for water sports
- Beach volleyball, basketball, pool tables
- Unlimited land sports and fitness center with LifeFitness® Equipment
- Day and night entertainment including live shows
- Airfare not included.
Pickleball in Paradise Vacation Packages with Get Away Today
As always, Get Away Today has a dedicated travel expert ready to help you book Pickleball in Paradise packages. As an avid player herself, Jill M. at Get Away Today is available to answer any questions you may have and help you make arrangements so you can experience Pickleball in Paradise.
To book, contact Jill directly at 801-475-9525 or email@example.com. You can call Get Away Today toll-free at 855-GET-AWAY and ask for Jill as well. Be sure to mention Traveling in Heels when you book!