I confess…I love to bake! Baking relaxes me and puts me in my happy place. Since my teen years, my favorite go-to dessert to bake has always been banana bread. The smell of the baking banana bread in the kitchen and tasting the moist banana nut bread with melted chocolate chips fresh out of the oven is the best reward. So many have asked for the easy banana bread recipe with two tasty extra ingredients, and so ta-dah, here it is!
This post may contain affiliate links, and Traveling In Heels may receive a small commission if you click on the link and purchase. Thank you for your support.
Recipe for Easy Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips and Nuts
If you’re searching for an easy banana bread recipe, you just found it. Easy to put together, one bowl (or even one pan), easy clean-up and so yummy. The chocolate chips literally melt into your mouth pairing well with the moist banana bread and the crunch of the nuts. I’ve been using this Betty Crocker recipe since the 1980s, although I have tweaked it along the way.
Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips and Nuts
PREP TIME: 15 minutes BAKING TIME: 50-60 minutes
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups mashed VERY ripe medium bananas
- 3/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/3 cups Bisquick Original baking mix*
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°. Generously grease bottom and sides of a loaf pan (9 x 5 x 3 inches). I use vegetable oil.
- Stir all ingredients into one large bowl with a large spoon until moistened.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake approximately 50-60 minutes, until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. (Baking time varies depending on your oven.)
- Run spatula (or knife) around sides of the banana bread to loosen sides.
- Cool on a baking rack for 5 minutes.
- If desired, turn loaf pan upside down onto the baking rack. Leave pan on loaf. Cool for 10 minutes more before lifting pan from loaf.
*TIP: If you’re out of Bisquick or not a fan, Bisquick Mix Substitute recipe (makes 1 cup of Bisquick mix): 1 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon shortening, olive oil or melted butter.
Download Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe.
Banana Bread Baking Tips
This bread freezes well, and since it’s so easy to prep, I’ll often make a dozen or so loaves at a time. Purchase the aluminum pans (mini-loaves and regular bread pan sizes).
After the bread has cooled, I’ll slip them into gallon size freezer bags. Or I will simply cover them with aluminum foil and deliver them to friends and family.
Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Muffins
Use the same recipe above for Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Muffins. Simply drop the dough into muffin pans lined with paper liners. Fill approximately 2/3 of the way and bake in a 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts For Banana Nut Bread with Nuts and Chocolate Chip
Servings: 12 Amount per serving Calories 311 % Daily Value* Total Fat 15.7g 20%, Saturated Fat 4.5g 22%, Cholesterol 41mg 14%, Sodium 340mg 15%, Total Carbohydrate 39.3g 14%, Dietary Fiber 1.5g 5%, Total Sugars 20.6g, Protein 4.9g, Vitamin D 4mcg 19%, Calcium 34mg 3%, Iron 1mg 7%, Potassium 125mg 3% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice
Very good recipe) I LOVE THIS BREAD with coffee at the morning! Check this recipe too, hope u’ll love it