Why not give your mom (or mother of your children) the gift of travel with these 8 (eight) Bucket List Adventures For Every Type Of Mom? From kayaking and ziplining adventure in Nicaragua for the adrenalin-loving mom to fine wine and culinary travel aboard a Barge Cruise through France, these mom-friendly bucket list adventures will help create an epic Mother’s Day for your special Mom.
Give Mom the Gift of Travel
Forget about chocolate, flowers or dinner for Mother’s Day! Instead, give her an unforgettable “Before I Die” vacation with her husband, BFF, daughter or son — or the entire family. The perfect time is now. Below are eight bucket travel list adventures for every type of Mom, from adventurer to wine lover, that will be sure to make this the most epic Mother’s Day ever.
“For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- Nicaragua Escape – Retreat to a tranquil hideaway overlooking the white sands beaches of the Pacific Ocean at Aqua Wellness Resort. Mom will enjoy two days in charming Granada City where she will kayak, volcano hike, and zip-line, before heading to her exceptional beachfront retreat. She will relax, play, and decompress in a beautiful rainforest setting.
- Alaska Northern Lights – Join Gondwana EcoTours on a Northern Lights tour of Alaska. Mom will get a dose of local culture by day, and by night have the opportunity to photograph the Aurora Borealis under the massive Alaskan sky! She will zip between snow-covered trees on the back of a dog-sled, soak in the mineral-rich waters of geothermal hot springs, walk through the frozen art of an ice-sculpture museum, and sip martinis out of glasses made of ice.
- Argentina Wine + Photo Adventure – You have this Wine Lovers mom’s attention! Mom will join renowned Argentine photographer, teacher, and documentary filmmaker, Ossian Lindholm, on the first-ever photography + high-altitude wine tour of Northwest Argentina. This is a magical journey that is perfect for photographers and wine lovers of all levels. Mom will be immersed in the region’s geography, wildlife, cuisine, and culture.
- Barge Cruise through France– Fine wines, delicious cuisine, and a leisurely approach to the enjoyment of each day await Mom on a barge cruise down France’s picturesque waterways. From the rolling vineyards of Burgundy to the tree-lined Canal du Midi in the Languedoc region, Frontiers International Travel’s selection of handpicked vessels provide a range of options suitable for anyone in search of a unique culinary travel holiday.
- Moscow, the Golden Ring and St. Petersburg – Mom will discover where Russian art, architecture, and culture began. In between the urban centers of Moscow and St. Petersburg, she’ll experience the Russian countryside. The oldest and loveliest churches in Russia, Sergiev Posad’s wooden crafts, and Fedoskino’s glowing lacquer boxes all put a shine on Russia’s Golden Ring that Mom will never forget.
- Cycle Villages of Provence – Wine-growing AND world-class cycling? Why yes you can take Mom on Ride & Seek’s Provence cycling tour through the most beautiful villages of France as ordained by the group Les Plus Beaux Villages de France. This tour emphasizes authentic cuisine and local wines. There is a wonderful correlation between fine wine growing areas and world-class cycling.
- Dude Ranch Retreat – The 25,000 acre Red Reflet Ranch in Ten Sleep, Wyoming is both working ranch and luxury resort. Mom will hike, ride horses, skeet shoot, fly fish, mountain bike, dine on gourmet food, and play cowgirl on this fun-filled getaway. From cattle drives to branding, the true western lifestyle thrives at Red Reflet.
- Diamond Circle Tour of Iceland – The land of fire and ice, active volcanoes and glaciers! Countless geysers, hot pots, and fumaroles dot the Icelandic landscape. These unique features create a landscape filled with incredible waterfalls, lakes, mountains and stories of trolls and elves. On this six-day trip, Mom will travel by 4WD car from Reykjavik through the Skagafjordur Region to see the highlights of the Diamond Circle in the north, and return to Reykjavik by plane.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain
Looking for more Must-travel Destinations?
What is on your “before I Die” Travel Bucket List?