A sweetheart of a destination just 45 minutes north of Denver, Loveland transforms into Colorado’s romantic getaway of the season in February. Known as the nation’s Sweetheart City, in Loveland, Valentine’s Day is more than a day – it is action-packed with romance and fun. Here are 5 reasons to make Loveland your Valentine’s Day destination.
5 Reasons to Make Loveland Your Valentine’s Destination
Spoil your sweetheart with fire, ice, fireworks, craft beer, coffee, romantic overnight stays, love and love notes, all this and more in America’s Sweetheart City, Loveland, Colorado. Imagine romantic heart-shaped love notes on lamp posts. Art and sculpture at every turn. Local craft brews are transformed into love potion. All this and more when fire and ice collide at the nation’s largest Valentine’s Day festival.
Here are five reasons to LOVE Loveland, Colorado, your can’t-miss Valentine’s Day destination.
- Fire and Ice collide at the nation’s largest (and FREE!) Valentine’s Day festival. From Feb. 12 – 14, 2016, celebrate the passion of the season at the Loveland Fire & Ice Festival where fire, ice, entertainment and fun play nicely together. This free family-friendly event transforms downtown Loveland with Valentine-themed lights, stunning ice sculptures, live entertainment, spectacular firework shows, kids zone, horse-drawn carriage rides and more.
- Enjoy a one-of-a-kind love potion for craft beer and coffee lovers – exclusively in Loveland.
Colorado is well known for its craft brews and locally sourced coffee blends. This Valentine’s Day, there’s a lot to love in Loveland with seasonal craft beer and coffee blends, available only in Loveland. Say cheers to Grimm Brothers Brewhouse, in collaboration with the valentine re-mailing program, and their special Valentine’s Day beer called the Bleeding Heart. This 2016 brew is a rich s’more porter available in Loveland locations, beginning Februrary. Additionally, coffee lovers can enjoy a unique roast exclusively in Loveland at the LoCo Artisan Coffee House.
- Spoil your Sweetheart with an overnight stay in the Sweetheart City.
From My Big Date Valentine Package (Brunch and brew, coffee and spirits tour) to a western-style, Colorado dude ranch Valentine’s Day with a Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch Sweetheart Yee Haw Package.
- Love and love notes are in the air with custom heart messages on the lamp posts. It’s a romantic road trip anywhere you turn in Loveland. Gant red hearts with love notes hang on lampposts,. and red and white twinkling lights line downtown when Loveland transforms for this romantic holiday. Make it a very special Valentine and order your own love note. Then search the city with your sweetheart to make the day extra special.
- Experience the nation’s largest Valentine program.
For the past 70 years, Loveland has been the nation’s home for Valentine’s Day. Visit in early February and experience the internationally recognized valentine program. Bring your valentines to receive a special message from the Sweetheart City by one of our ‘angels on earth’ who lovingly hand-stamp valentines from all over the world each year. To learn more about this historic program while in Loveland, take a walk through the extensive Valentine’s Day exhibit at the Loveland Museum/Gallery to explore Loveland’s fun valentine history.
Need an extra $75? Wine and chocolate, #ASweetPairing by Ghirardelli Chocolates and Josh Cellars wine. Enter to win (through February 12, 2013) 1 of 2 $75 American Express gift cards at WineLoversVillage.com.